Skip to main content

Green Smoothie


Let's be honest. Green smoothies are great nutrition wise but some can be downright gross. Am I right? I jumped on the green smoothie bus a few years back and I have to admit it was a rough ride. Many of smoothies met their demise into the garbage disposal...but, I finally found a great, healthy option that tastes amazing!

This smoothie is packed with omega-3 essential fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, protein, Vitamins B & K, and several other goodies! These are a must with this nasty cold and flu crud going around. As we speak, I have my 11 month old on my lap with a fever. Blah...its going to be a long one. Come on summer!

Let me know what you think and feel free to post what you secret to the perfect green smoothie is?

Thanks guys!
Nicole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taco, Cajun and Chili Seasoning...oh my

So, I am going to let you guys in on a little secret about me. I am a spice fanatic. I have a whole spice cabinet full of glorious spices. You name it, its probably there. The smell when I open the spice cabinet sends me into a culinary euphoria.... Sorry, I was daydreaming there. Anyways, I hate using those packaged seasonings due to the high content of MSG and other fake crap so I want to share a few of my go to seasoning recipes! These are pretty basic and easy to make. I typically double or triple the recipe to last us a while. I absolutely love these mini mason jars as they are perfect for seasonings and sauces. They are fairly cheap and you can get them at most grocery stores or Wal-Mart. Nicole's Taco Seasoning We eat a LOT of Taco style meals in our house so I typically triple this recipe. 1 Tbsp chili powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano 1/2 tsp paprika 1  1/2 tsp cumin 1 tsp sea salt and pepper Cajun Seasoning

The Ultimate Salad Guide

Let's be honest for a minute and talk about salads. Salads can be boring sometimes. At my house, we used to have one with dinner every...single...night. I just got burned out on them. Salads and I took a break for quite a while. When I started incorporating salads back into my meal planning, I discovered there was so much out there to give them a little kick. Before they were missing flavor and pizzazz. I played around with different types of greens and paired them with a variety of toppings. Making the perfect salad is a bit like putting together a puzzle. I did some Pinterest-ing and started experimenting. A typical rule to follow when perfecting your salad game is start with greens, add some cheese, some crunch, some flavor, meat/protein and top with dressing. Here is a  neat guide I created to get you started: There is so much more you can add, this is just a good graphic to get you started. Salads are a great way to get those pesky nutrients you may be missing th